Sometimes, as an anxiety sufferer, I find it difficult to stay positive and keep my mind away from the bad uncertain thoughts which make me anxious or sad. It is a hard cycle to break but here are some things that help me:
1. Keep Busy – there’s nothing worse than being sat at home with nothing to do or no one to talk to. Meet a friend for coffee, go for a run, try something new, anything as it will distract you from those anxious feelings.
2. Appreciate the day to day beauty and simplicities. Things like sunsets and little birds or your favourite song on the radio, or a text from a friend or the fact that you managed to make a smoothie for the first time.
3. Plan exciting things. This way, you have lots to look forward to in your life.
4. Stay focused, set goals and try hard to achieve them, it gives you a much bigger sense of purpose and therefore drive in your life.
5. Talk to someone. If you are feeling anxious, it is good to share those worries so that they are not bottled up inside you. If you don’t feel you can talk to anyone, then write it down along with a plan of how to combat these feelings or thoughts of anxiety.
6. If a certain situation is making you anxious, then either take yourself out of it or imagine yourself somwhere else. Like walking beside the beach listening to the waves.
7. Remember that other people are going through this too, maybe you could help them? Putting out positive vibes will help you feel good too.
8. Stay healthy. Healthy body, healthy mind. Eat clean, exercise and stay active.
9. Do things you enjoy.
10. Cuddle a pet.